Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Still In The Madness

Okay, we are well into this March Madness thing. I spent all last weekend watching the games, checking my bracket, comparing point totals and bonding with my husband. Now I have found that I am a little lost with the lull this week. After the end of the second round on Sunday, I couldn't wait until the next game to see what happened. I looked at the schedule and found that the next round doesn't start until Thursday! What will I do until then? I have been sucked into this madness and now I feel like a junkie without a fix!!

There is a solution! It's the National Invitational Tournament (NIT). This is a college basketball tournament for the top 32 teams that are not selected for the NCAA/March Madness Tournament. It is organized in a similar bracket, but since there are 32 teams instead of 64, the bracket is smaller. Also, the games are played at the higher seeds home court instead of neutral locations. The finals for the NIT are always played at Madison Square Gardens. Some really great teams play in the NIT tournament and the winner usually makes the argument that they should have been in the NCAA Tournament.

So now, we have our issue resolved. Between these two tournaments, we can watch basketball nonstop! For the small gaps in these two men's tournaments, we always have the women's tournaments - and of course we still have the NBA! Wow, our guys must be in basketball heaven! Nonstop basketball action!

Personally, I am enjoying the madness, but I'll be glad when it's over. It's a little much to keep up with and it is definitely maddening! I do know one thing - I'm ready for baseball!

No comments:

Post a Comment