Saturday, April 4, 2009

Final Four is Finally Here!!!

Okay, I have almost made it thru the madness. Today, we are finally down to the final four! Taking a look at Uconn and Michigan St. and rooting for the Spartans 'cause my favorite local guy plays for them. See my previous blog: [Elite Eight Agony and Triumphs] Forget the stats and rankings, I'm still a girl and will pick my fave teams the way I please.

Doesn't really matter as far as my bracket anyway, since I had Louisville and Memphis and have already blown this side of the bracket. Now on the other side of the Final Four bracket, I got it goin' on! I'm right on target with NC and Villanova with NC to win it all. We'll see what happens, but I still have had a blast getting into this crazy madness.

With this madness experience under my belt, I have a new appreciation for these college athletes. With the pros in the NBA, they are paid for playing their hearts out, but it has become the exception at times to find players who do. College players do not get paid and some don't have any hope of making to the pros. But these guys have their hearts and souls in this game! These guys are so incredibly competitive, that we are gonna see the best they have to offer. The emotions are so high that there can be brawls (like I just saw on this game), tears of joy with a win and immense sadness at a loss. Seeing a grown man cry is a moving sight and a good example of how much these athletes have invested in this tournament as well as their entire college sports experience. These young athletes epitomize some of the best efforts in the world of sports.

2 comments:

  1. UNC all the way you called it...Looking foward to reading more from you!...Check out my blog some sports mixed in.

    http://fromnewyorktoyou.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops no harm done, I like your husband's blog too, lol. I shall follow you as well. It is interesting although i never really follow sports. Maybe you'll convince me to start?

    ReplyDelete