Sunday, April 5, 2009

Oh Happy Day! The Boys Are Back In Town!

What a wonderful evening! I am sitting on the sofa with my hubby flipping between the 25th Anniversary of Wrestlemania and the season opener for Major League baseball with the Atlanta Braves v. the Phillies. I am totally on overload with all this testosterone!

Okay, I admit that it is very difficult for me to own up to being a wrestling fan. I need to give the credit (and the blame) to my darling husband who got me hooked on this soap opera on steroids! If it was just fighting, wrestling would be so boring. But, the WWE is the most entertaining and colorful show I have seen in a long time. With the dramatic and comedic story lines, special effects and pyrotechnics, it is just too much fun not to watch! We have the Undertaker who has an entrance worthy of Hollywood, Triple H with his huge muscles and sledgehammer, and Rey Mysterio, one of the best high flyers to be found. My husband and I have made Monday nights our "date night" when we sit in front of the TV, eat popcorn and watch WWE Raw!

But the highlight tonight is the opening of the Major League Baseball season! It's just synonymous with the coming of spring! A day at the ballpark with sunny blue sky, green, freshly cut grass, capacity crowd, and the smell of popcorn in the air! Can there be any better sign that cold weather is a distant memory! Our own Atlanta Braves had the privilege of opening the season this year and I couldn't be more excited. With all the rivalry between the Braves and the Phillies, it puts the icing on the cake to have the Braves win their first game of the season. It's nice that the Braves pulled this one out, but the important thing is that spring has sprung and the ballpark is calling!

1 comment:

  1. I found this in the Coffee Shop,..maybe my wife will find it in my follower list and check it out,.. click the link there to Grace Blog,..I'm sure if you follow her,..she'll follow you back,..stuff here she might need to read,..
    nice site,..good work,..

    ReplyDelete